We ship PRE-PAID orders ONLY (product plus freight cost).
NOTE: Our warehouse is solely for large carrier freight-in and freight-out according to our order processing system. Individual/ private customer pick-up is not possible. We ship out of the greater Washington D.C. area.
>>> ON THIS PAGE: Definitions of shipping types for your order and a summary of our shipping process.
For purchasing info go to our Purchase Policies page.
HOW WE SHIP: We use freight trucking companies that provide a good mix of reasonable cost plus careful handling at the time of any given order and according to order destination. To ensure the safest possible handling of your order, we use reliable carriers who may not necessarily be the cheapest. We are not a logistics company and do not run a fleet of trucks ourselves.
- Pre-finished flooring is shipped in cartons.
- Unfinished flooring is shipped as bundles.
- Orders are stacked on pallets, multi-strapped, and plastic wrapped.
- Flooring and lumber orders are typically very LARGE and HEAVY freight.
DELIVERY LOCATIONS INSIDE THE CONTINENTAL USA:
- Off the beaten track: If your location is on remote or rural roads that are difficult for trucks to get to and away from, or is an unusual location such as e.g. beach areas, coastal islands, mountain or national park areas we work with you to design a workable shipping solution. Shipping surcharges usually apply at the discretion of freight carriers who do our deliveries.
- Some Central USA locations, mountain states, and Cape Cod: Please be aware that there may be shipping surcharges as a result of constantly changing shipping costs dictated by the freight companies that we use.
- Coastal USA Island deliveries are to the most workable mainland terminal after which carriage of your delivery to the island is your responsibility. Any relevant surcharges apply.
- Limited shipping options are available to California Customers.
!!! DELIVERY DEFINITIONS ACCORDING TO COMMERCIAL SHIPPING CARRIER REQUIREMENTS !!!
- A "Business delivery to a loading dock and/or fork lift" MUST be in a warehouse within an industrial, commercial, or business district within a town. So-called "warehouses" that are located in rural or rural-residential areas such as barns with a loading dock do NOT meet this definition and freight companies will definitely charge extra for delivery to that type of location. "Loading Dock" is defined as a covered, elevated area to which a truck can reverse, providing level access for a forklift to readily unload the shipment.
- "Kerb side delivery" is defined as drop-off at the kerb of your street address. It does NOT include bringing the delivery up your drive way or inside your building. The delivery address must be accessible - i.e. the driver must have ease of access to and departure from your address. "Accessible" means a normal freight truck (not a sprinter van or small delivery van) can get to your kerb side and can then either turn around or get to a cross-street for ease of departure after delivery, without crossing a property boundary line or gutter to do so. If the carrier cannot deliver your order due to accessibility or departure issues, they will return your order to their terminal and will charge additional for subsequent attempts to deliver. Also, they will only hold an order as delivery-ready for up to approximately 5 days after which it is warehoused or returned to us. Both these scenarios incur charges to the purchaser imposed by the carrier and must be met prior to your order being released for any further attempted delivery.
- "Inside delivery" is defined by commercial carriers as anything further than a few feet past the end of the delivery truck. This includes ANYTHING beyond the kerb, anything over the exterior boundary line of a property yard, or in a driveway, as well as inside a garage or building, or variations of these. Carriers' charges are typically much higher for inside delivery due to the additional time involved.
- If you require other types of shipping such as flat bed trucking, construction site deliveries, driver to deliver inside a property line or inside a building, delivery to locations with limited access, and unusual or "difficult" unloading, these involve additional shipping surcharges imposed by the freight companies. >>> These additional charges are the purchaser's responsibility at the time of the order.
- Failure to disclose details of your delivery location typically will result in delays while additional arrangements and freight company charges are made for your delivery. These additional charges are YOURS and must be pre-paid prior to releasing your order. Hint: We have definitely had customers who apparently intentionally misrepresented the type of delivery required and instructed the carrier to deliver it anyway, which resulted in additional charges to us imposed by the carrier. These charges are invoiced to the customer, AND no future orders will be accepted from that customer until those additional delivery charges have been paid.
- Shipping surcharges: We pass on to you any additional shipping surcharges imposed by the freight companies for deliveries going to Cape Cod, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington (state), Wyoming, and some other locations. For free shipping deals, we apply a discounted 3% distance surcharge for states west of Missouri, added at checkout. Purchases made online may also require additional shipping charges imposed by the carrier for e.g. unusual or remote locations.
- "Failure to effect delivery": This is a term used by carriers if they are unable to effect delivery as per the information that you provide us and which we provide them. This also will result in additional charges imposed by the carrier which we will pass on to you, to be pre-paid prior to releasing your order for attempted re-delivery.
OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL USA & OTHER LOCATIONS: For orders outside the continental USA - such as Hawai'i or Alaska, or other shipping options, please contact AustralianCypress.com. Our shipping team usually comes up with a good solution.
OUR PROCESS: Orders are prepared and shipped Mon - Fri only.
- You buy from us online here, or by arrangement over the phone and by invoice. When you complete your purchase, please provide us your (1) exact billing address, (2) exact delivery address and (3) complete contact information including phone number/s and email address. For wholesale purchases, please see our Purchase Policies.
- Once we receive payment for your order, we acknowledge payment.
- Your order is then prepared.
- We notify you once your order is packed and ready to go, and provide you photographs of your packed order.
- We notify you when the order is shipped, providing you with tracking details. Orders are usually shipped within 1 - 3 days of placement of the order. (That depends on what day of the week and time of day that you place your order.)
- Once your order is shipped, the freight carrier company communicates direct with you to arrange a drop-off time and to ensure that someone will be present to receive and sign for the order.
- If there is damage in transit: It is not frequent, but it is better to be prepared. There are important steps that you will need to follow to prove that the damage occurred in-transit, so that a damage claim can be made on your behalf within 30 days. To know what to do if something happens to your order while it is on its way to you, please read the relevant section at our Damage in Transit page.
- CONTINENTAL USA: While it is not possible to guarantee delivery timing, continental USA orders generally arrive at the shipping destination within 5 - 7 days of placing an order, so long as the location isn't a remote or unusual area and so long as you don't request that we use a consolidated carrier which typically takes 10 - 14 days. Central USA and mountain states can take a little longer than 5 - 7 days.
- INTERNATIONAL AND OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL USA, including Hawai'i and Alaska, and remote locations: Delivery times to international and other shipping locations are governed by many factors including availability of space on container ships, and local customs and quarantine clearance procedures. Our shipping team works with you to design the best possible shipping arrangements for your order.
- DELIVERY SCHEDULING: Freight companies set their own schedules and communicate direct with the customer to arrange the delivery day and time window. AustralianCypress.com has no control over the freight company's day and time of delivery once an order has left our warehouse.
- Do not schedule installation until your shipment has been delivered. All responsibility for missed installation dates rests with the customer.
If an order request or unusual shipping situation is beyond the scope of our Guidelines, we reserve the right to negotiate the shipping with you or to decline the proposed order. If this affects a purchase made online, we will make every effort to work with you but it may be necessary to refund your order if a shipping solution cannot be reached.